- Fundamentals of Software Configuration Management
This class requires5 or more students
- This course provides a comprehensive look at Software Configuration Management from Project Day-1 through operation and the maintenance phases of a system's life cycle in compliance with DoD Directive 5000.1, ISO9000, ISO9001,SOX, CMMI, ISO, OMB Memorandum M-05-23, MIL-HDBK-61A and Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404. Learn to build the foundation for process improvement through this integral software development and maintenance course. Throughout the course, emphasis is on integrating SEI-CMM/CMMI compliant Software Configuration Management functions, tailored to the specific needs of the project in the software development/maintenance setting. Both informal and formal Software Configuration Management attributes are linked to the SEI-CMMI within each topic. Successful completion required for SCM Certification eligibility.
- Practical Implementation of Software Configuration Management
This class requires5 or more students
- This course offers practical, comprehensive guidance in implementing detailed policies and procedures to produce an environment where SCM principles function effectively and efficiently. It presents a comprehensive approach toward achieving organization-wide implementation of SCM methods targeting SCM participation and support from day one of a development project through to the completion of the operation and maintenance phases of a delivered system’s full-lifecycle. Both informal and formal SCM attributes are linked to the SEI-CMMI within each topic. Actual project case studies and exercises are utilized to give participants the opportunity to perform key SCM activities. Course structure facilitates the tailored creation of policies and procedures as well as the related estimation methods and metrics for Software CM, Hardware CM and Documentation CM specific to your needs or project. This course complies with DoD Directive 5000.1, ISO9000, ISO9001,SOX, CMMI, ISO, OMB Memorandum M-05-23, MIL-HDBK-61A, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404. Impact Analysis/Assessment methods are explained, describing how this process can assist Project Management, Software Development Management, Quality Assurance, and Test Management by facilitating their proactive management of resource consumption of the project budget while mitigating risks associated with unwanted scope creep and schedule delays.
- VMWare ThinApp
- VMware ThinApp™ is an exciting technology which allows for the virtualization of applications, rather than operating systems. Imagine the convenience of being able to carry around all of your key productivity applications on a flash drive and being able to run them anywhere! Imagine the economy of being able to license only the number of applications which are being concurrently used, rather than installing a base set of applications on every workstation. Imagine the efficiency of being able to stream applications from a server and update them centrally. VMware ThinApp™ leverages a freshly built (clean) operating system to capture a before and after state of an application installation. By scanning the operating system, ThinApp™ is able to establish a baseline, then by scanning it again after installation, ThinApp™ is able to virtualize only the application with its key dependencies. In this exciting class, participants will be exposed to every part of the ThinApp™ application virtualization process. At course completion, students have the option of taking home with them an application package virtualized with ThinApp™.
- VMware® View™ 5 Virtual Desktop Deployment
- Our 4-day VMware View class offers participants the most extensive training available in the Installation, Configuration and Management of VMware View 5. Each participant will work hands-on with real servers to build and administrate their own complete VMware View 5 environment from the ground up. The primary reason that our class offers participants a more comprehensive experience than other classes is that each student gets to install and configure a complete VMware® vSphere™ 5 environment designed specifically to support Virtual Desktops. While other providers cover Virtual Desktops as an isolated topic; we believe that an understanding of the infrastructure (VMware vSphere 5) provides participants with an invaluable insight into the functionality of their VMware View 5 environment! Once the infrastructure has been provisioned, participants install VMware View 5 and begin the process of learning how to maximize their administrative efficiency while managing VMware View 5 environments while maintaining the highest levels of Virtual Desktop security. During class we focus on real-world Virtual Desktop deployment scenarios using the available GUI tools; the vSphere Client, vCenter Server, and the VMware View Manager. Our VMware® View™ 5 Virtual Desktop Deployment follows true Cloud Practice in deploying Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Because we provision completely separate resources for each participant, everybody gets unique firewall rules, and everybody gets to connect separately to his/her Virtual Desktop environment from the internet, when it is complete! The VMware® View™ 5 Virtual Desktop Deployment class features over 50 hands-on Step-By-Step Labs (SBS LAB™), complete with detailed instructions, full-color documentation and screenshots of all steps. The book alone is sure to become one of the most valued reference materials in your library.
- VMware® vSphere™ 5 - Datacenter Operations
- This special "No Command Line" class will focus on providing Administrators with all the information they need to know for successful vSphere administration. In our VMware ® vSphere ™ 5 - Datacenter Operations, each student will install and configure their own ESXi 5 server “the right way” and then build a complete VMware vSphere environment. Every participant will gain a solid understanding of Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud Computing along with a clear, real-world roadmap for planning and upgrading to vSphere 5 including: What's New in VMware® vSphere™ 5, Cloud Computing - Cloud Control, VMware® vSphere™ 5 Management techniques and utilities, and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Once each student has had the opportunity to configure his/her own vSphere environment, we will cluster the classroom ESX Servers and explore the more advanced vCenter concepts like Distributed Resource Scheduling, High Availability and Distributed Power Management. All Labs will be done using our state-of-the-art VMware Hardware Compatibility List servers. We will focus on vSphere administration using the available GUI tools; the vSphere Client and vCenter Server. Administrators will learn what they need to know without loading up on deprecated or highly-specific command-line tools useful only in specialized situations. This class is ideal for Administrators who work primarily in Windows and have an immediate need for useful knowledge and ability with VMware vSphere. This class is fully compatible with VMware ® vSphere ™ 5 and VMware ® vSphere ™ 4 The VMware ® vSphere ™ 5 - Datacenter Operations features over 40 interactive Step-By-Step Labs (SBS LAB ™), complete with detailed instructions, full-color documentation and screenshots of all steps. The book alone is sure to become one of the most valued reference materials in your library.
- VMware Training - VSphere Administration, Security, and Enhancement
- Our VMware vSphere Administration, Security and Enhancement class offers an in-depth exploration of advanced vSphere operations and administration. Ideally suited for experienced VMware admins, this class emphasizes "best practice" techniques for maintaining a production VMware vSphere environment. The class will begin with a pre-configured vCenter server including available Virtual Machine Templates. Each student will then perform a scripted ESX Server installation and deploy and iSCSI SAN. Students will complete the class with an enhanced knowledge of VMware vSphere administration, security and performance monitoring. All students will have hands-on experience with real servers that will translate directly to their professional environment.
- VMware vSphere 5 Accelerated Boot Camp
- In our VMware® vSphere™ 5 Accelerated Boot Camp we present Cloud Computing (A.K.A. "virtualization") in a logical, easy-to-absorb format. Each participant builds and manages their own complete VMware® vSphere™ 5 environment including ESXi 5, vCenter 5, SAN Storage, Virtual Machines, Virtual Appliances, Backup and more. What makes our approach so unique is that every participant builds an actual datacenter environment on real servers, from beginning to end. Most importantly, we use the same procedures, in the same order as they would be implemented in your own datacenter. Our VMware® vSphere™ 5 Accelerated Boot Camp is the most comprehensive class we offer. In a week of classroom instruction, each participant will gain a comprehensive understanding of Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud Computing with VMware® vSphere™ 5. This course covers all the bases plus advanced management and emphasizes real world and Best Practice techniques and integrations for maintaining a production VMware® vSphere™ environment. This class is fully compatible with both vSphere 4 and vSphere 5! All Labs will be done using our state-of-the-art VMware Hardware Compatibility List servers. Participants will learn not only vSphere management, but also real-world integrations and datacenter management scenarios which go far beyond the scope of other training programs. The VMware® vSphere™ 5 Accelerated Boot Camp features over 60 interactive Step-By-Step Labs (SBS LAB ™), complete with detailed instructions, full-color documentation and screenshots of all steps. The book alone is sure to become one of the most valued reference materials in your library. ***A CVDX 5 practical examinination is given at the end of the 5th day of class. Each candidate is assigned specific operations which need to be completed cumulatively and correctly in order to pass the practical examination. The goal fo the Practical exam is for each candidate to configure a comlete, functioning VMwarevSphere 5 environment and, in doing so, demonstrate his/her abilities.***
- VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager: Install, Configure, Manage
- This two-day, hands-on training course equips experienced VMware vSphere® administrators with the knowledge to install, configure, and manage VMware® vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager™ 5.1. This course also equips vSphere administrators with the knowledge to assist in writing and testing disaster recovery plans that use SRM. This course is not required for any VMware® certification, but the content of the course is a subset of the knowledge tested in the VMware Certified Design Expert examination.
- Introduction to Maven 3
- This course introduces the latest version of Maven, a popular open-source build automation and software comprehension tool. Core Maven concepts are demonstrated in a series of hands-on lab exercises.
- MVN - 201 Development Infrastructure Design
- MVN-201 Designing Development Infrastructure covers topics for the advanced Maven user such as advanced multimodule project architecture, enforcing standards with the Enforcer plugin, installing and configuring a repository manager, and installing and configuring a continuous integration server